Monday, July 6, 2009

Food, Fireworks, and the 4th




Friends of our throw a big 4th of July party every year...I mean, they go all out. We arrived at the party around 3pm, and ended up staying until almost midnight. There is a keg, a ton of food, and of course fireworks. They live on a pond, and have built a dock that they use as a barge. N survived the fireworks with no problems...the first few scared him a little bit, but he just snuggled in and watched.
















I made a sangria the day before that went over really well. It was the combination of several different recipes, but I simply changed them all until I got the result I wanted. The recipe is as follows:

Katie's Killer Sangria
2 bottles of Charles Shaw Shiraz
2 lemons (1 juiced, 1 sliced)
2 limes (1 juiced, 1 sliced)
2 oranges (1 juiced, 1 sliced)
1/2c pineapple chunks (plus a little bit of the juice)
1/2c sliced strawberries
1/2 apple sliced
1/2c Triple Sec
1/2c Apple Jack brandy

Add all items to big jug or pitcher, and let marinade in fridge. Once ready to serve pour over ice making sure each cup gets plenty of fruit. Pour cups to 3/4 of the way full and top remaining 1/4 with club soda. Stir to mix.

I should have taken some pictures, but I know I'll be making this for any other barbeques this summer so I'll be sure to do it then. After passing out several glasses, people requested more and I was all out. Next year I am tripling the recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment